Get a Massage at the Spa
Benefits of Massage Therapy
It is scientifically proven that massage therapy can improve your overall physical and mental health. Physical benefits include:
- Increased circulation, which allows proper function of muscles and organs and leaves beautiful, glowing skin
- Stimulation of the lymph system, the body's natural defense against toxic invaders
- The release of endorphins, the body's natural painkiller
- Improved range of motion and decreased discomfort associated with lower back pain
- Relaxation of injured and overused muscles
- Reduced muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased joint flexibility
- Improved recovery from strenuous workouts
- Pain relief from migraines
- Reduced post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduced scar tissue
Mental health benefits include:
- Relieves stress: Cortisol, type of hormone, is released during massages. The hormone lowers stress levels and blood pressure levels. This allows the body to heal.
- Feeling nurtured: Our bodies require touch, so massages can improve emotional well-being by making the person feel nurtured. It lowers the feeling of anxiety.
- Improves concentration: It makes the individual feel relaxed and calm. As a result, one can become more creative and productive.
- A sense of peace and self-awareness: Massages can serve as a retreat or getaway, during which one can unwind and meditate. There are no distractions, like technology, people, or stressful situations.
Massages are not only available in spas, but also in clinics and hospitals and are now considered an alternative form of medicine for some individuals with conditions, such as:
- Digestive disorders
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Listed below are the massage services offered at Pure Luxe. Each serves a different purpose and has various health and mental benefits:
Swedish Massage: Swedish is a traditional massage that uses long, fluid strokes to relieve muscle tension, enhance circulation, and promote relaxation. Pressure can range from very light to medium.
Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue is a therapeutic massage service that involves deep and intense muscle work. This is not a relaxation massage, and pressure is strong. It benefits those with muscle damage.
Sports Massage: Sports is also a therapeutic massage service that involves deep and intense muscle as well as assisted stretching. It is ideal for athletes. Pressure is strong.
Hot Stone Massage: Hot Stone involves the use of heated stones and warmed oils to penetrate the deepest layers of muscles and melt away tension in the body. Pressure can range from very light to strong. If you are not comfortable with people touching you, then this is the massage for you.
Bamboo Fusion Massage: Bamboo Fusion involves the use of warmed bamboo rods and rattan sets to banish tension in the body and improve the skin’s agility. Pressure can range from very light to strong.
Mother-to-Be Massage: Prenatal massage can relieve joint pain, improve labor outcomes, and reduce anxiety. A doctor’s note is required to receive massage during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Reflexology: Reflexology is a therapeutic way to relieve pain. By stimulating pressure points on the hands and feet, reflexology promotes health and prevents illness.
What to Wear to the Spa
Sometimes the attire for massages can prevent individuals from booking the beneficial services, but at Pure Luxe, we provide our clients with luxurious robes and slippers to provide the most comfortable experience possible. It is not required to wear undergarments, but the choice is up to you. The staff is professionally trained and will honor your choices and protect your privacy. The spa’s mission is to provide luxury, client-focused experiences that exceed service standards of any other beauty industry established in East Tennessee.
Arrival Time and Scheduling an Appointment
Walk-ins are most welcome, but appointments are recommended to ensure your preferred service time. Spa clients should arrive 15-30 minutes before a scheduled appointment, but they can arrive as early as they desire to make use of the spa amenities. To book the luxurious experience that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed, please call Pure Luxe at 865-474-7873 or come visit us at 10780 Hardin Valley Road, Knoxville, TN 37932.